home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Monday, March 25, 2013

SplitCoast Stampers Mixed Media Challenge~

Hello my Friends!
Today I am sharing a tag that I made for the Mix8 Mix-Ability Challenge over at SCS and is being hosted by my friend Trudy from
 True's Gifts from the Heart.

Mixed Media tag using ranger products

 
I started off with just a plain manilla craft tag by Ranger. I pulled out my Adirondack Alcohol Inks to create my base background on the tag. I used Latte, Butterscotch, Meadow, Slate and Gold Mixative with some blending solution. I then ripped up several pieces of a doily and some papers from the Enchanted Paisley line from DCWV. I used some Mod podge to coat and let it dry. Once it was dry, I stamped a flourish background stamp by Anna Giffin using my Ranger archivial black ink. I then added a few rub-ons from 7Gypsies from their "Victoriana" Steampunk line and a feather that I used the same alochol inks on, to make it match the tag background. I then coated it up again with more Mod podge and let it dry. To finish off the tag, I added some burlap ribbon and twine with a key charm by Graphic45 and a decorative button by Bo Bunny.
 
Well thats it for today. Thank you for stopping by!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. cool looking tag! You got a lot of techniques going on here! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Jo! Love the colors. Looks like a fun technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love all your layering. Hard to believe this started as just a plain manila tag. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, I love all the layering and the finished results is amazing. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely GORGEOUS,STUNNING! Love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jo, this tag is amazing! You attention to detail is awesome, I don't think I could ever make a tag like this! Who would have know it started life as a plain ordinary tag?!! Love, love it!! Great job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful result. I haven't ever used alcohol inks on a non gloss surface. What a beautiful result xx

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~